Drives Increased Guest Reviews & Achieves 141%+ ROI
Miami, FL – March 4, 2015. As part of an ongoing effort to deliver luxury service, and the latest in guest convenience, Fontainebleau Miami Beach is proud to announce the implementation of mobile hotel software solutions from StayNTouch Inc. provider of the cloud mobility platform.
A spectacular blend of golden era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau Miami Beach merges striking design, contemporary art, music, fine dining and history into a vibrant guest experience. A revered Miami Beach landmark, the hotel recognizes the rise of mobility, tablet, smartphone and guest desire for choice of service delivery, and sought to further improve guest experience and guest service levels by leveraging mobility for hotel staff and guests. While searching for the perfect provider, the challenge was finding a technology provider that had two-way integration with their OPERA PMS which runs the 1,504 room hotel.
After research and a rigorous evaluation process, StayNTouch Inc was chosen, as it is the only supplier to deliver both PMS-integrated staff “guest service” mobility and guest smartphone engagement on one platform.
Arrivals/Guest Check-In: In Phase One, Fontainebleau Miami Beach deployed StayNTouch Guest Mobility, enabling mobile check-in and pre-engagement of arriving guests via their smartphone requiring no app to download. Zest Web sends out emails to all guests arriving that day (customizable by market segment, VIP status, etc.). Through a secure link, the guest is brought to a branded mobile website where the guest can confirm reservation information, advise the hotel on expected arrival time, ask for last minute requests for their room, and enter a mobile number so the hotel can text the guest when their room is ready. From there, StayNTouch integrates with the hotel PMS and existing business processes to coordinate a vastly improved arrival experience including pre-cut keys and expedited availability of room. Guests that choose pre-check-in are greeted at the pre-check-in desk located at the hotel’s main entrance where they’re given a pre-cut key after presenting a credit card instead of going to the standard front desk.
Departures/Guest Checkout: Zest Web sends out departure emails to all guests departing that day. Through a secure link, the guest can choose to checkout via their smartphone, review their room bill and request a copy to be emailed to them. Late check-outs are also available at a fee on those days when the hotel’s occupancy permits. Should the guest decide to stay late and pay a late checkout fee, they can simply select that option, which automatically updates the PMS “late checkout” field and posts the late checkout fee on the guest’s folio.
The hotel has experienced strong results from StayNTouch:
- 140+% ROI IN FIRST 30 DAYS: Revenues from extended guest stays/late checkout have been substantial. In the first full month, late-check out revenues generated by StayNTouch promotion far exceeded the monthly SaaS fee paid to StayNTouch.
- 20% – 40% CONVERSION: Depending on the day, 20% – 40% of guests are opting into the pre-arrival process, which initiates direct guest communication via smartphone and allows front desk bypass upon arrival.
- IMPROVED GUEST REVIEWS: Guest reviews on the hotel arrival/check-in experience have improved notably. (See Matthew Bailey Post)
Phase two and three of the implementation will include the following additional solutions:
- StayNTouch Cloud PMS: Overlay on top of PMS bringing the front office functionality onto a mobile/tablet in a touch/graphic user experience. Including remote key encoding & secure credit card swipe featuring P2P encryption. Enables flexibility to allow staff to service guests anytime, anywhere. Line Busting. Zero training.
- StayNTouch Cloud PMS: Via any mobile device (iTouch, tablet, etc.), housekeeping has touch-optimized user interface for full access to rooms-to-clean lists, room status, guest information and the ability to update room status after servicing.
- Zest App™: Guest Smartphone App. White labelled and PMS integrated, allowing guest remote check-in & out, folio review, geo-location aware, promotions engine, reviews on property, ordering services, guest/staff interaction. Turns Smartphone into door key.
“Improving our guests’ experiences is always a top priority at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. The service benefits of finding the right balance between mobility and service are obvious. We are proud to be on the forefront of integrating service choice in the hotel industry.” Said John Garland, Vice President Finance, Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
“We couldn’t be happier to call Fontainebleau Miami Beach a StayNTouch partner. The hotel’s reputation of incredible service, luxury and location make it one of the premier destinations in the world,” said Tim Kinsella, COO/Founder of StayNTouch, “Fontainebleau is leading the way in delivering ‘choice of service’ demanded by today’s travellers and improving the business at the same time.”
Industry veterans Jos Schaap and Tim Kinsella co-founded StayNTouch Inc. in 2012.
About Fontainebleau Miami Beach
A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau Miami Beach merges striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and history into a vibrant guest experience. A revered landmark and symbol of style and sophistication since its opening in 1954, Fontainebleau Miami Beach boasts 1,504 guestrooms and suites appointed with lavish amenities and iMacs; the world renowned LIV™ Nightclub, 12 restaurants and lounges including two restaurants from Chef Michael Mina – StripSteak and Michael Mina 74; two AAA Four Diamond signature restaurants, Scarpetta and Hakkasan; the 40,000-square-foot Lapis spa with mineral-rich water therapies and invigorating treatments; a dramatic oceanfront pool-scape offering lush cabanas; and is home to BleauLive, the innovative concert series that combines intimate performances with memorable weekend escapes. For general information or accommodations at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, visit www.fontainebleau.com or call 1.877.512.8002
Twitter & IG: @fontainebleau
About StayNTouch Inc.
StayNTouch brilliantly connects guests to hotels. StayNTouch delivers a PMS Mobile Overlay bring mobility to both hotel staff and guests. Via any tablet or touch device, Guest Service and Housekeeping have mobile access to PMS via a touch-optimized interface. Guests, from their smart phone, can self check-in and out, view room bill and receive upgrade promotions. StayNTouch dramatically streamlines operations and increases margins, and revolutionizes how the hotels connect and engage their guests and how guests experience their hotels. Learn more by visiting www.stayntouch.com.