StayNTouch, based in Bethesda MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile optimized property management solutions. We are the guest-centric property management system, built to empower any guest experience the world’s best owners and managers can design.
We deliver an entirely new approach to how hotels streamline operations and increase margin, connect, and engage their guests and how guests experience their stay at a hotel. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet, and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform. We provide these solutions to well-known hotels such as the TWA Hotel, Great Wolf Resorts, First Hotels and Okko Hotels.
We are looking for a Mobile App Developer to help build highly reliable and scalable mobile and desktop applications used in the hospitality industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Contribute to the functional design, architecture and development of high stable native mobile & desktop applications
- Integration of external devices used in the hospitality industry such as contactless card read/write devices, EMV chip card read devices, credit card swipe devices, ID Scanning devices
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable code.
- Work with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API’s to support the apps
- Standardize and enforce coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to support the hospitality industry
- Work as part of an Agile team and manage tickets in JIRA.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of application development experience with Android or iOS
- Good understanding of the syntax of Kotlin and Java
- Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK and Android Developers Kit. Expert knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills
- Experience in multi-threaded programming, synchronization, deadlock handling, dealing with hexadecimal numbers, CRC checks, BLE communications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
- Strong conceptual understanding of network communications TCP, WS, HTTP, REST API etc.
- Familiarity with Git for code versioning, JIRA, and Agile development methodologies
Ideal Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience in iOS, MacOS, Windows OS Application Software Development
- Programming experience with modern languages such as C++, Objective-C, Swift, C# and Java
- Experience in the hospitality domain
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
StayNTouch, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at StayNTouch, Inc. are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.