Job Title: Software Architect – Microservices
Department: R&D Engineering
Location: Ideally Maryland/Virginia/Utah
About Stayntouch: At Stayntouch, our team of dedicated professionals leverage their expertise to create a cloud PMS that streamlines hotel operations, maximizes revenue, empowers staff, and enhances the guest journey. Our mobile SaaS-based platform can run on any device with an internet connection, allowing hoteliers to break free from the front desk, and letting guests choose their own welcome and departure experience. We believe that technology should be unburdened 一 empowering hotels to deliver their own version of the ideal guest experience. Ultimately, great technology exists to facilitate great hospitality, and we are that technology.
What we’re looking for: We are building a new technology research team responsible for both research and implementation of new and emerging technologies while following development best practices. We are looking for a Software Architect experienced in product development and technical leadership.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Software engineering best practices working on complex projects in microservice design with experience in modern technologies
- Hands-on coding as well as implementing procedures to improve development, ensuring code best practices, code reviews, architectural oversight, mentoring team members, and interfacing with other business and development units.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
Desired skills and experience you need to be considered for this role:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in the design, creation, testing and deployment of Microservices
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipelines, setup, and gating
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages and proven ability to transition to new languages
- Proficiency in SDLC methodology (Kanban or similar) and Agile development
- Experience with modern front-end technologies, such as Angular or React
- Experience working in cloud-based platforms, preferably AWS
- Significant contribution to specifications and planning processes
- Solid understanding with multiple databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Solid understanding of concepts of Agile, Event-driven, Micro-service, RESTful, TDD, CI/CD, and Kubernetes
What the ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
Stayntouch does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, and matriculation or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at Stayntouch are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Stayntouch is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.