StayNTouch, based in Bethesda MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile optimized property management solutions. We deliver an entirely new approach to how hotels streamline operations and increase margin, connect and engage their guests and how guests experience their stay at a hotel. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform. We provide these solutions to well-known hotels such as The Aria Las Vegas, The Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Great Wolf Resorts, Yotel, First Hotels and the TWA Hotel.
We are seeking a Revenue Accountant to oversee the full Cycle of G/L Revenue accounting, including Saas billing, revenue recognition and deferral, and respective accruals, including Sales commission calculation, capitalization and expense.
The ideal candidate will be conscientious, detail oriented, possess strong revenue recognition principle understanding, and have the ability to interact with staff from other departments for information seeking to complete their tasks, as well as be able to function in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Manage Full-Cycle Revenue Process, including billing, timing, recognition, and deferral.
- Manage statistical customer matrixes.
- Manage A/R and follow-up with customers.
- Investigate, coordinate, and resolve customer billing inquiries.
- Input new contracts and amendments in a timely manner into the accounting system, working internally with other departments, and customers.
- Calculate sales commissions and related accruals.
- Work in Excel to provide supporting and analytical schedules to substantiate G/L data.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or an Accounting concentration.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in an accounting role, with at least 2 years in a revenue recognition role.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and switch priorities often, while maintaining quality of work product and existing responsibilities.
- Expert Excel and other Microsoft Office skills, as well as other inter-office communication tools
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- Prior experience with Sage Intacct, and Concur, or ability to learn new systems quickly
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Revenue Accountant job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described functions of the Revenue Accountant job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Revenue Accountant, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required for this job include close vision.
StayNTouch, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at StayNTouch, Inc are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.