StayNTouch, based in Bethesda MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile optimized property management solutions. We deliver an entirely new approach to how hotels streamline operations and increase margin, connect and engage their guests and how guests experience their stay at a hotel. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform. We provide these solutions to well-known hotels such as Great Wolf Resorts, Yotel, First Hotels and the TWA Hotel.
We are looking for an Engineer to help build highly reliable and scalable applications. Our focus includes service-oriented applications, HTTP transactions, and data processing scripts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Work as part of an agile team to build various applications in a distributed infrastructure
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Use a variety of methods such as data modeling, query optimization, and caching to improve overall performance of our applications.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Contribute new ideas to help improve the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Manage complete stories, tasks, and bugs in JIRA.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field experience
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and meta-programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of Micro-service, MVC, Mocking, ORM, PubSub, RESTful, and SOAP
- Familiarity with popular messaging service such as RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with TDD or BDD
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, God, etc.
- A familiarity of Github for code versioning
- A familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Good understanding of request processing, queuing, caching, data storage, partitioning, and replication.
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- An active GitHub account with open-source contributions
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience in AWS cloud services
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
StayNTouch, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at StayNTouch, Inc are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.