About StayNtouch, A Shiji Group Brand
Do you have a desire to help take the next generation of cloud-based applications to the next level?
StayNTouch, a Shiji Group company, based in Bethesda, MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile-optimized property management solutions. We provide solutions that enable mobile check in for hotel guests to well know hotels such as The Aria Las Vegas, The Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Great Wolf Resorts, Yotel, Modus Hotels and Freehand Hotels.
StayNTouch is a casual development work environment of hard-working, dedicated, and experienced engineers. Modern and open floor office with ping pong table distractions, unlimited coffee, soda and snacks with weekly catered lunches. Take your career to the next level at StayNTouch and Shiji. Expand your exposure to global customers, global brands and global development teams.
We are looking for a Ruby developer to help build and maintain our core Ruby applications. Our focus includes service-oriented applications, HTTP transactions, and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility would be to contribute in our development cycles for our applications in various areas of design, development, release, and maintenance. You would also need to communicate with other team members throughout various layers of the infrastructure. This position is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products.
StayNTouch is a company aimed at transforming the hospitality industry. StayNTouch delivers an entirely new approach to how hotels dramatically streamline operations and increase margin, connect and engage their guests and finally, how guests experience their hotels. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touchpoints on a single platform.
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Contribute new ideas to help improve the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Manage complete stories, tasks, and bugs in JIRA.
- Quickly resolve customer issues and have an investigative eye to customer problems.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and meta-programming
- Web-based console and server log analysis
- Familiarity with concepts of Micro-service, MVC, Mocking, ORM, PubSub, RESTful, and SOAP
- Familiarity with popular messaging service such as RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with TDD or BDD
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, God, etc
- A familiarity of Github for code versioning
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, Live & Disability Insurance
- 401K with 5% company matching
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Quarterly Team Outings