About StayNTouch, A Shiji Group Brand
StayNTouch, Inc., a Shiji Group company, based in Bethesda, MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile-optimized property management solutions. We provide solutions that enable mobile check in for hotel guests to well-known hotels such as The Aria Las Vegas, The Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Great Wolf Resorts, Yotel, Modus Hotels and Freehand Hotels.
We are looking for an engineer to help build highly reliable and scalable applications. Our focus is SaaS applications. Your primary responsibility would be to contribute to our development cycles for our applications in various areas of design, development, release, and maintenance. You would also need to communicate with other team members throughout various layers of the infrastructure. This position is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products.
StayNTouch is a company aimed at transforming the hospitality industry. StayNTouch delivers an entirely new approach to how hotels dramatically streamline operations and increase margin, connect and engage their guests and finally, how guests experience their hotels. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform.
Ideally, you’ll have experience in building, integrating and designing complex web applications. We value high-impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. We don’t expect you to have experience in, be an expert at, or even have an interest in all these things. Ultimately we’re looking for a well-rounded software engineer that can apply knowledge and experience to produce quality work.
- Work as part of an agile team to build various applications in a distributed infrastructure
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Use a variety of methods such as data modeling, query optimization, and caching to improve the overall performance of our applications.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Contribute new ideas to help improve the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Manage complete stories, tasks, and bugs in JIRA.
- Excellent working knowledge of C# (.NET Core), Java and/or other OO programming languages a plus
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and meta-programming
- Familiarity with concepts of Micro-service, MVC, PubSub, RESTful, and SOAP
- Familiarity with popular messaging service such as RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.
- Familiarity with TDD or BDD
- Skills for writing reusable libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- A familiarity of Github for code versioning
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Good understanding of request processing, queuing, caching, data storage, partitioning, and replication
- An active GitHub account with open-source contributions
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Experience in AWS cloud services
- Ability to work in the US