StayNTouch, based in Bethesda MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile optimized property management solutions. We are the guest-centric property management system, built to empower any guest experience the world’s best owners and managers can design.
We deliver an entirely new approach to how hotels streamline operations and increase margin, connect, and engage their guests and how guests experience their stay at a hotel. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet, and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform. We provide these solutions to well-known hotels such as the TWA Hotel, Great Wolf Resorts, First Hotels and Okko Hotels.
We are looking for an Engineer to help build highly reliable and scalable applications. Our focus includes service-oriented applications, HTTP transactions, and data processing scripts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Work as part of an agile team to build various applications in a distributed infrastructure
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Use a variety of methods such as data modeling, query optimization, and caching to improve overall performance of our applications.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Contribute new ideas to help improve the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Take ownership of tickets in JIRA related to stories, tasks, and bugs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum 1+ year experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational database such as Mysql and Postgres
- Experience with queuing process such as Resque and RabbitMQ
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with concepts of Agile, Event-driven, Git, Micro-service, Mocking, ORM, RESTful, SOAP, and TDD
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- An active GitHub account with open-source contributions
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience in AWS cloud services
To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
StayNTouch, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at StayNTouch, Inc are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.