StayNTouch is an innovative software company that is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile-optimized property management solutions. At StayNTouch, we are committed to building smart, intuitive and engaging hotel management tools to empower businesses, connect guests and increase our customer’s bottom line. We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Engineering, based in StayNTouch’s Bethesda, MD Corporate office to join our team.
StayNTouch is a well funded startup in it’s 5th year and will expand next year to Europe
We are seeking a talented engineering minded person, with a passion for technology innovations, customer service, and recognition in the work place. We are looking for a true technical and process thinker combining both engineering and architectural skills to help drive our Company’s growth. The ideal candidate has a strong background in SaaS technology and in scaling products and services with a head for future technology and mobility.
- You will report to the CEO and work closely with the VP of Product Management and the CTO to deliver high quality, scalable and innovative SaaS services and products
- You will work closely with the VP of Product to establish a feature rich and technical, scalable roadmap.
- You will manage all engineering and quality assurance teams, including the off shore teams as well as remote contracts. (Our team is distributed with 40% in Bethesda and 60% in India, which we intend to move to the US and closer time zones.
- Work across Software Engineering to build relationships with other teams. Use their feedback and understand their goals to build and prioritize a roadmap for your org.
- With the help of your team members, educate Software Engineering on best practices for testing, deploying, and developing code. Encourage and enforce the right behaviors to ensure we continue to ship quickly without compromising production stability.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Define the platform pieces required to organize information at scale
- Drive the right technology choices (e.g. languages, libraries, frameworks)
- Lay out the technology architecture for both immediate and long term growth
- Take appropriate risks for technical debt and define a clear strategy for paying it down
- Work closely with the StayNTouch recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds. We intend to increase our team in Bethesda throughout 2018
- Ensure that the team understands the “why” behind StayNTouch plans, and are inspired to realize the company’s vision
- You have 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 4+ hands-on technical management experience.
- You have experience leading managers and engineers at all levels, and you’re skilled at guiding them through their career development.
- You have a strong technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You are familiar with our tech stack (RoR, Angular JS, MySQL, JQuery, HTML5, Nginx, RabbitM, PostgresSQL, amongst others)
- You have implemented organizational processes to that make sure that the team deliver on their accountabilities.
- You think strategically and can develop process, tools and frameworks that help ensure effectiveness across a variety of stakeholders.
- You know how to create organizational alignment. You know how to get your entire team working towards the same vision while still understanding their unique role in delivering upon “the game plan”
- You’ve worked on large-scale SaaS products and can rapidly familiarize yourself with complex products.
- You have a strong focus on metrics and know how to measure the health of engineering teams.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion.
To apply for this position, click here.