About StayNTouch, A Shiji Group Brand
StayNTouch provides innovative software solutions to the hotel industry aimed at re-thinking the entire interaction between the hotel and their guests. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform.
RoR Software Engineer
We are looking for a Ruby developer to help build Ruby applications. Our focus includes service-oriented applications, HTTP transactions, and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility would be to contribute in our development cycles for our applications in various areas of design, development, release, and maintenance. You would also need to communicate with other team members throughout various layers of the infrastructure. This position is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products.
- Design, build and efficiently maintain reusable and reliable Ruby code
- Contribute new ideas to help improve the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and meta-programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of Micro-service, MVC, Mocking, ORM, PubSub, RESTful, and SOAP
- Familiarity with popular messaging service such as RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with TDD or BDD
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, God etc
- A familiarity of Github for code versioning
- A familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with JIRA