Senior DevOps Engineer
An accomplished, hands-on, Senior DevOps Engineering with demonstrable experience with hosted and cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Hosted servers
- Review the current infrastructure setup and evaluate whether we are utilizing our servers efficiently.
- Identify the pain points in the setup that can result in nonavailability of the application and recommend and implement improvements.
- Define guidelines for setting up VMs with the optimal resource usage of memory, vCPU, data bandwidth and other factors.
- Evaluate service allocation on VMs.
- Recommend and implement solutions for automating server configuration and scaling.
- Create a plan for setting up a failover instance for our current setup. Identify the minimum servers that are required to be operational. How do we address any DNS failures and outline the steps to automatically point the application to a failover instance?
- Identify and recommend tools that will help us monitor and respond to any infrastructure failures instantly.
- Expertise in automated installations and application updates.
- Hands on experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud to assist in the architectural migration to a scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Help define an implementation for globally distributed clients to optimize performance and fault tolerance.
- Collaborate with software architecture to define, prototype and implement cloud migration strategy.
- Mentor distributed DevOps teams and help define processes for 24/7/365 monitoring and mitigate critical alerts.
- Collaborate with QA team in support of testing infrastructure (CI, Stress, Regression, etc).
- Help define the best approach for supporting quarterly monthly upgrades, with minimal human intervention and no downtime.
- Help define auto recovery of failed data servers, components, services, networks, and/or data centers.
- Help improve disaster recovery process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Cloud infrastructures
- 3+ years with AWS EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Aurora, Redshift, Glacier, API Gateway, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Route 53, IAM, CloudWatch, MQ/SQS, SNS, Logging and more.
- 3+ years with Google Cloud Compute App and Kubernetes, Big Data, Storage and Database, Identity and Security, Pub-Sub, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Monitoring and more.
- 5+ years with Linux OS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Chef
Like to have:
- 5+ years of Bash and/or Python scripting
- 3+ years with JIRA
- 3+ years with GitHub
- 3+ years with Jenkins
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with New Relic
- The sense of ownership and pride of your contributions and its impact on the company’s growth and success.
- Team Player.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good time management skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job, please visit the link here.